Utah Family Therapy is Open During the Pandemic
Your mental health is our concern, especially during a pandemic. We are open and offering face-to-face therapy. Many of the insurances we accept allow teletherapy billing as well.
Utah Family Therapy is taking every precaution to prevent the spread of COVID 19 by offering group and individual therapy sessions via teletherapy (i.e. Zoom, or other video chat options).
For in person sessions, we are taking the following steps to prevent the spread of COVID 19:
- Cleaning regularly, including disinfection of all handles and touchpoints before and after every session
- Maintaining social distancing
- Thoroughly disinfecting every pen or shared item after every use
- Hand sanitizers are offered in many places throughout the office
- When a client is sick, we ask that they opt for a teletherapy session until they have been cleared by a medical professional
- UFT does not require the use of a mask at this time, however, masks are available for any client who would like to wear one.
If we notice that a client is demonstrating any symptoms of COVID 19, we may ask them to reschedule their appointment until they have been free of symptoms for at least 7 days or until they have been cleared by a medical professional.
We do not allow any Utah Family Therapy team members to come in for sessions if they are feeling sick or demonstrating symptoms of COVID 19. In the event that your therapist falls ill, you may be contacted to reschedule or create a teletherapy appointment with them until they are cleared to return to the clinic.
COVID 19 has increased many mental health challenges. One of the major reasons for this is the social isolation that was instituted during the pandemic. We specialize in treating anxiety, depression as well as managing addictions so we are ready to help you during this unprecedented time.
Below is a waiver that you will need to sign if you would like in-person mental health therapy.
COVID-19 Liability Release Waiver for Clients
Due to the 2019-2020 outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), our business is taking extra precautions with the care of every client to include health history review and enhanced sanitation/disinfecting procedures in compliance with CDC guidance.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Dry Cough
- Difficulty Breathing
I agree to the following:
- I understand the above symptoms and affirm that I, as well as all household members, do not currently have, nor have experienced the symptoms listed above within the last 14 days.
- I affirm that I, as well as all household members, have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 30 days.
- I affirm that I, as well as all household members, have not knowingly been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 30 days.
- I affirm that I, as well as all household members, have not traveled outside of the country or to any city considered to be a “hot spot” for COVID-19 infections within the past 30 days.
- I understand that UTAH FAMILY THERAPY cannot be held liable for any exposure to COVID-19 virus caused by misinformation on the form or the health history provided by each client.
Our business is following these enhanced procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Extra cleaning protocols including wiping down offices in between clients
- Hand sanitizer provided in every office
- Masks provided upon request
By signing below, I agree to each statement above and release UTAH FAMILY THERAPY from any and all liability for unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19.
Signed ____________________________________ Date_______________________________________
Printed Name _____________________________
Please sign one of these COVID-19 Waivers before your session (if you have not already,) and give it to Office Management, or your therapist if we are not present.
*Also please note that only Clients are to use the Waiting Room. If another person accompanies the client to wait for them, please do so in your car.