Healing Your Child at Home;
Alternative to Residential Treatment
You’re exhausted. Your child is hurting, and you don’t know what to do? Your stress is sky high, and you desperately want answers.
Residential Treatment is going to cost thousands of dollars every month. Your child needs help but the costs for Residential Treatment is insane. The answer for healing is the alternative to residential treatment.
- How do you know how much help your child needs?
- Does your child need weekly therapy?
- Does your child really need Residential or Wilderness Therapy?
- Are there other options?
Answer the questions below to evaluate your situation.
(If you prefer, you may call us anytime for a free phone evaluation 801.901.0279).
Which of the following apply to your situation:
- You are looking into Residential, Long Term or Wilderness therapy
- Suicidal ideation exists and/or suicide attempts
- You have tried therapy
- You’ve tried several therapists without long term success
- There has been overdose and/or hospitalization due to substances
- Your child has an addiction (more than just occasional experimentation)
- There is compulsive lying
- Your child is: defiant, arguing, withdrawing, secluded
- Refusing to take part in normal life activities
- Does not want to be with family
- Your child has been sexually abused/raped
- Your child has or is abusing others
- Your child struggles in school (suspension, failing grades, expulsion)
- Anxiety and/or depression is a longstanding problem
- Failure To Launch: your adult child needs to be independent and refuses to leave home.
- Extreme technology addictions that interfere with education, school, social functioning and family.
- pornography addiction
- gaming addiction
- media addiction
- Scratching, etc.
- Eating disorders like bulimia or anorexia
- Victim of bullying
- Severe social dysfunctions, leading to withdrawal and avoidance behaviors
- Any crisis events or behaviors
If you answered ‘YES’, your child may need more than weekly therapy. 801.901.0279
Are you considering Residential Treatment or Wilderness Therapy as the next step? Residential and Wilderness can cost an average $10,000-20,000 per month.
You have legitimate concerns about:
- Sending your child away from home
- The shattering financial burden associated with those options
- Whether those options are what your child needs
- Whether you can be sure it will work if you invest in them
There is an alternative to residential treatment, one that is proven to be just as effective and many times even more efficient than Residential Treatment:
The YES Program keeps your child in their natural environment, involving their entire system.
The YES Program is customized to you and may include:
- other family members
- religious leaders
- academic advisors
- extra counselors
- and other individuals of influence in your child’s life.
This treatment is known as Intensive Outpatient Multi-systemic Therapy (MST).
Even if you have been saying,
“We have tried everything, and nothing has worked,”
“Our kid is way too far gone; no way can he stay here,”
your child is 90% likely to qualify for the YES Program.
The Youth Engaged System Works!
Over 50% of kids who take part in Residential Treatment programs return to them after two years. These statistics are hardly encouraging to those considering an investment in such programs.
The YES Solution is designed to create change for your child at home in their natural environment. By involving the entire system, your child will find healing at home. (Click here to see the research that shows the effectiveness of this model.)
The YES Program consists of licensed therapists and trained mentors. The therapists and mentors will help your child stay engaged in the system so they can heal.
The common treatment consists of 2-6 hours per week.
Your child will learn how to be accountable and communicate within the system. Parents and family members engage and get to support and lift each other. We will add more leaders and individuals of influence as appropriate.
There is no need for readjustment because the natural ups and downs of the healing process occur at home.
Your child will learn how to function in their life and their friendships.
The YES Program helps you reconnect your family after Residential and Wilderness therapy. We will teach your child how to enter society and how to build proper relationships. The process of reentry can help your child avoid relapse and falling back into the traps they were in before.
Concerned that your child will resist participation in the YES Program?
8 out of 10 qualified clients agree and commit to The YES Program after the initial assessment. Come in for an evaluation and observe our process of connecting with your child.
What Is The Core Philosophy Of The Youth Engaged System?
- Our motto is No Shame – No Judgment – Just Healing!
- We believe every individual is worthy of love and acceptance
- We use compassion, empathy, and connection to create healing
- Long-term success comes from working with the entire ‘system,’ not just one person
Our focus is helping your child the right way, right now. No sugarcoating the issues. No glossing over treatment needs to try to win you over.
We commit to finding the best fit for your child, even if it’s not with YES so that they will succeed in life.
You can experience:
- No more worrying
- No more yelling
- No more screaming
- No more anger or hatred
- Just Love and Compassion.
“In the 28 years I have been entrusted with caring for other people’s children, some of whom come from dire circumstances; I have learned firsthand there is no substitute for a child’s birth family. I used to think we could do a better job of raising these children. We know better now. The best way to help a child is to help his or her family. …” – Patrick Lawler
What does The YES Program Accomplish?
Goals of Treatment:
- Identify core issues and develop a realistic treatment plan
- Teach accountability and connection within the family system
- Repair damaged relationships
- De-escalate shame
- Promote love of self through healthy accountability and ownership of the healing process
- Encourage acknowledgment and acceptance of issues; surrender and humility; awareness and mindfulness training
- Provide educational, occupational and independent living mentoring and hands-on training. (e.g., getting caught up in high school; college planning; study habits; scholarships; resumés; job hunting; maintaining a position; budgeting and fiscal responsibility; preparing to leave home; housing, etc.)
- Release of unhealthy social connections and confidence building to make healthy social decisions
- Reduce problem behaviors by involving key family members in the treatment process
- Assist youth and family/caregivers in identifying and managing triggers for problem behaviors
- Help everyone understand the treatment
- Improve parenting of a child with behavioral or emotional struggles. We work with you as much as needed.
- Build a more cohesive family with family therapy from a positive relationship-building approach
- Empower individuals and families – YES stands for “Your Empowering Solutions.” Our goal is to enable individuals and families to live connected and prosperous lives.
- Use YES Language to move away from “NO” statements and to learn to reframe in a positive, proactive way. We help train the brain to make long-term positive changes. We don’t put band-aids on problems.
- Reduce the cost of care. The YES Solution runs 80% less than the average Residential and Wilderness Programs.
How Long Is The Youth Engaged System?
The average client is in the program for 4-6 months. There is more intense service in the first 1-2 months for stabilization. The treatment is based on what your child needs. We will provide you with a more precise estimate after we complete the assessment.
After completion of the Youth Engaged System, we offer ongoing care on a month-to-month basis.
What About Wilderness or Residential Treatment?
Do not remove Wilderness or Residential treatment from your list of options. Your child may need a 1-2 month stint in Wilderness or Residential Treatment for their safety.
You and your child may enjoy some time away from each other to reset.
If your child’s safety is an issue or your child refuses treatment or continues to run away, Wilderness or Residential therapy may be your best option.
In this case, we will be continuing to work with your child upon their return. YES will also work with you and help the family reconnect. YES works with you to heal your family in the most efficient manner possible.
Contact us today to learn more about The Youth Engaged System in Utah County, an alternative to Residential and Wilderness Treatment Programs.
Call 801-901-0279 or send us an email Contact us via our website.